Vilnius locomotive repair depot
Vilnius locomotive repair depot is the subsidiary of Lithuanian Railways, the first in the Baltic region, witch provides complex repair and modernization services of locomotives and railroad machinery. It is a modern, perspective and successfully operating company, the only one in Lithuania, which provides the above mentioned services. The company's activities were highly rated in international exhibitions within the territory of Lithuania as well as abroad numerous times. The increasing volume of orders and export reveals the company's success. It is considered as one of the most advanced enterprises within the Baltic region.
Beginning - 130 years ago
The beginning of the company dates back to the year 1884, when, on 29 December Vilnius Locomotive Return Depot was founded (the title was chaned into Vilnius Steam Engine Depot in 1888, and in 1970 the company was titled Vilnius Locomotive Depot). On 1 October, 2013, Vilius Locomotive Repair Depot was established. The turnover of the company exceeded 200 million LTL, which was 5 times higher in comparison with 2003. According to the sales revenue, it is one of the largest enterprises in Lithuania. The sales revenue has exceeded 1 billion LTL since the foundation of the company.
Customers in Lithuania and abroad
The Depot provides the greatest number of services to its main client JSC Lithuanian Railways. However, a significant amount of production is being exported to Estonia, Latvia, Russia, Azerbaijan and other foreign countries. 16 new shunting locomotives were manufactured in 2013 (14 of them were purchased by JSC Lithuanian railways, 2 locomotives were bought by an Estonian company; 4 locomotives TEM TMH and 1 locomotive TEM33 are now operating in Russian market). Moreover, almost 70 locomotives were repaired.
The latest equipment and modern technology
The structure of Lithuanian and surrounding countries vehicle parks is rapidly changing, therefore the companyconstantly upgrades its services by offering its clients quality services and competitive attendance. Maintenance and production is being constantly renewed, the orders are carried out by applying the latest technologies. A reconstructed vehicle manufactory is currently operating in the company and it is equipped with modern technology.
- Capital and current repair works of the locomotives and diesel trains
- Capital repair of vehicles CR-2 including remotorization or modernization
- Technical maintenance of the railway vehicles, routine repair works and capital repair
- Detailed examination of the wheel sets; design and production of new wheel sets
- Complete overhaul of electric vehicles and electric equipment
- Average repair and capital repair of all types of railroad vehicles internal combustion engines, fuel systems, various kinds of compressors and manual actuators of th e vehicles
- Inspection and repair of railway vehicles speedometers, manometers and electric measurement devices
- Mechanic and welding works of various constructions
Vilnius Locomotive Repair Depot sells spare parts and nodes
- For the repair of passenger/freight locomotive M62, 2M62, TEP60, TEP70
- For the repair ofshunting locomotives TEM2, CME3, TGK2, TGM4
- For te repair of diesel trains D1, DR1A
- Spare parts for the maintenance and repair of other equipment
Svitrigailos str. 39/16
Tel.: +370 5 269 2035
Fax.:+370 5 269 2340
Updated on 2015-10-28